Thursday, April 9, 2009

Well its arrived! The long awaited hearing aid! It has opened an entire new world for Alex.I have been so worried about the entire process! As soon as the Audiologist placed it in, he has been in awe. He instantly heard his own voice, and was amazed! It is the small things in life that we take for granted... yesterday for example... tic toc of a clock....running water in the other room....and so many songs sound different.. more instruments. I just spoke with his teacher this morning (mom was a little concerned about the bus ride!) and he is still on cloud 9! She just said that his eyes are just beaming!! I'm so proud of him, he is such a brave boy! 
 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anna said...

That's awesome, I didn't know that he was having a hard time hearing. I can relate to that feeling of being awestruck. I got my first pair of glasses in 3rd grade and I can still remember being amazed at what leaves looked like from far away. It is amazing what modern technology can do!!!

Tyler 2nd RS said...

I could just ditto Anna's email. I did not know he had troubled hearing?? I also got glasss when I was younger and it opened a whole new world to me too. That is cool for him, I cannot imagine not being able to hear everythign I do! I am so happy for him!

Shad and Maggie Alsworth said...

He is going to blossom!!! So glad he's adjusting well.